By now you all know I love making soups and chowders on a Sunday ready for the week ahead, and here’s another recipe to add to the list! Chicken noodle soup is one of my all time favourites and holds a lot of memories for me and my sister. But this recipe isn’t just a classic chicken noodle, it has an Asian Twist!
You will need
- 900ml chicken or vegetable stock ( I used 2 Chicken stock Pots)
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, about 175g/6oz cut into small chunks or strips
- 1 tsp chopped fresh root ginger
- 2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 150g rice noodles
- Half a tin sweetcorn
- 10 small mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onion, shredded
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 1 Chill, sliced, with seeds
First in a large pan add the chicken, garlic, chilli and ginger, cook till the chicken has changed colour. Then add your stock and bring to the boil for about 15/20 minutes. Once the stock has come to the boil, start lowering the heat and add the noodles, corn, mushrooms,spring onions and the soy sauce. Simmer for 3-4 mins until the noodles are tender.
Pour into 4 containers, once cool put the lids on and place in the fridge ready for the week ahead.
Tip – I normally place Thursday’s and Friday’s in the freezer and bring it out the night before.
**This recipe is based on the BBC Good Food Recipe **